Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Titanic news paper


Unsinkable Titanic sinks!!!!!!!
15th April 1912

Disaster strikes in the Atlantic ocean
1500 people died on the Titanic last night when it sank. It is believed it hit a giant iceberg at 11.40pm. The RMS Carpathia has rescued 705 people. It took 2 hours and 40 min to sink
.Jack Bruce Ismay and Lord William James Pirrie had the idea to build the Titanic a few years ago. It was built in Belfast Ireland by Harlan and Wolff shipyard. It was run by white star line.  It took 3000 peopie and 3 years to finish.  It had 840 rooms and a top speed of 27mph. It was 269 metres long and 28  metres wide. It was said to be unsinkable As it left Southampton on the 10th april for New York. it was equipped to hold 64 lifeboats but only brought 20. After it hit the iceberg it broke in 2.

2 comments:

  1. Hi James.

    Brilliant headline, very catchy, well done. You have included a lot of information about the sinking of the Titanic. Could you imagine being one of the passengers onboard at the time. It would have been very scary, especially in the dark.
    Did you know anything about the Titanic before having to write this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James

    You seem to have a ship theme in your learning! Have you travelled on boats or ships? Have you been on the Interislander Ferry from Picton? I love your research work into Titanic. Like Michelle I'm super impressed with your headline and choice of images. They really caught my attention. I wonder why the ship broke in two after hitting the iceberg.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post