Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

ANZAC day tasks.


The day before ANZAC day me and my sister coloured in a poppy picture. As we were in lockdown we put them on our front window.  The next day we got up really early at 5.40am. I put on my cubs shirt and we went and stood by the letter box. We listened to the dawn service on mum's phone. Some of the neighbours came out too. a neighbour around the corner had their radio on really loud and we noticed later they had a cross and a wreath in the cul de sac.

i made a bunker under my table  my bunker wasn't like the ones in Jersey  it was warm and comfortable but the ones in Jersey were wet, cold. and a bit scary.

2 comments:

  1. Hi James,

    It was nice to read what you got up to for ANZAC Day. Your poppy looks really colourful, did it take long to colour in?
    Nice to see you and your sister standing in your cub uniforms at dawn. What a lovely way to remember the soldiers.
    Your bunker does sound way better. What other thing can you tell us about Jersey and the war?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James
    Your ANZAC poppy is very nicely coloured. I saw quite a few poppies on houses around the streets.
    Was it fun seeing your neighbours out on the street so early? It was quite special this year having our own ceremonies at home.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post