Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

I remember ANZAC

As i am standing here on ANZAC day i can smell the fragrant  flowery smell of the poppies. The colourful red sea of poppies are waving in the breeze. I feel the cold wind stinging my face. I feel so sad my heart is hurting  as I remember my friends I have lost. I remember being scared when I was being shot at and I can still hear the sound of the gunfire.
As the orange fiery sun creeps up behind the poppies I feel relieved to be here. And proud to have protected NZ.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James,

    Very impressed by your descriptive writing. I like words like "orange,fiery sun" and "relieved to be here". Can you tell me a bit more about what you know about ANZAC day. Why are you feeling proud?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post